E-Rate News: Smallest School District in Idaho Receives Funds to Complete Fiber Project in the St. Joe Valley

Recently, the Universal Services Administrative Company (USAC) announced the approval of partial funding to provide 100 Mbps fiber internet access to Avery School District in Calder, Idaho through the Universal Services Fund, commonly called ‘E-Rate.” The Universal Service Fund is administered by a nonprofit organization, The Universal Services Administrative Company (USAC), which works on behalf of the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) to partially reimburse schools and libraries for eligible Internet connectivity expenses.

The total cost of the project is just under $2.8 million dollars. USAC will pay 90% of the total cost, leaving 10% as the Avery District portion, which will be covered by the Broadband Infrastructure Improvement Grant (BIIG) funds through the Idaho State Department of Education as part of this matching program and an additional match from the FCC.

Read the full story by


Kids Are Not Waiting For Us To Teach Them Making your Canvas modules accessible
We are updating our Privacy Policy, so please make sure you take a minute to review it. As of May 25, 2018 your continued use of our services will be subject to this new Privacy Policy.
Review Privacy Policy OK