What's Required To Teach English In China?

What are the requirements to teach English in China? Well, China is a big country and some of its rules can fluctuate from city to city, province to province and school to school.

The requirements are not very clear cut and they can be conditional depending on the visa type, your qualifications and location within China.

The legal visa or rather the official visa for teaching English in China is the Z visa which we will talk about first. The other visa that is commonly used, but not officially for teaching English is the F (business) visa. 

We'll talk about that one later.

The places with the strictest requirements are usually the tier 1 cities: Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzen and Guangzhou.


Read the full story by


Chris Milk on Storytelling in AR and VR Where To Take A TEFL/TESOL Course?
We are updating our Privacy Policy, so please make sure you take a minute to review it. As of May 25, 2018 your continued use of our services will be subject to this new Privacy Policy.
Review Privacy Policy OK